Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Postcard from Tucson

graph

This photo is part of my project on architectural studies. This building is the medical library building, which is part of the large University Medical Center on the UofA campus. The medical facilities are located on the north side of the campus and are quite extensive. If you watched the TV coverage of the massacre here in Tucson a few months ago, you saw the hospital portion of the UofA medical facilities. Believe me, there is much more to the place.

I just love the view of this building. I called the photo, “The Graph” as it reminds me of a graph of my retirement fund accounts after the recent economic downturn….down, down, down.  I was temped to flip the photo so the graph pointed up to make me feel better, but I resisted the temptation.

I have posted some of my architectural study photographs on my Website and also on Flickr. There are many more that I have not processed yet. Again, my goal with these photos is purely artistic….and, as I have said here before, there are a plethora of subjects here in Tucson to keep me busy for a while.

I would appreciate any comments you have on this photo, or any others, for that matter. 

No comments: