Thursday, April 21, 2011

Postcard from The Arches

fiery_furnace

Welcome back to the Fiery Furnace section of the Arches National Park. I’ve brought you’re here before, through the lens of my camera, but you have not seen this picture before.  It was one of those great days where you get red and white against a blue and white sky…and a little bit of greenery thrown in for measure. What more you could ask?

Again, this is outside of the furnace itself. I have shown you one image from inside, but there are more to come someday soon. The inside is difficult to photograph as it is a very tight fit in there, its dark, and no sky. As mentioned before, it is a maze of dead end slot canyons, best seen with a guide. One day soon I will tell you my adventures inside the furnace.

Of course, south eastern Utah is filled with all kinds of red and white rock formations, each different. Just think about it…the Arches is so very different than Bryce Canyon, or Red Canyon, or Zion, and many other places I could name. One could spent many years wandering in and out of that part of the state and still not see all its wonders. I hope to return there later this year to explore some new places.

And I promise to take you along. 

No comments: