Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Postcard from Arizona–More Rocks

rocks-2

It’s been a while since I have shared any of my rock photos with you, although I guess you could say almost all the photos I show from the Southwest are rock pictures.

But these rocks were in a large barrel in a rock shop in Quartzite, AZ. I stopped there about three years ago on my way to Yuma and started shooting rocks in a barrel (even easier than shooting fish in a barrel…sorry, could not resist).  Anyway, I just loves the colors in these rocks.

If you remember, Quartzite is that small town in the middle of the desert that gets over a million visitors a year…thanks to rock shows, RV shows, and on-going shows of all kinds. I am sure it is in full swing now as it is snow bird season. There, our friends from the north camp out in RV’s in the desert with no water, sewer, cable, or even electricity.  Generators supply the juice, and trucks come in every so often fill up their water tanks and empty the waste tanks. Satellite dishes supply the entertainment. It’s quite a life style and fun to see.

If you are ever down this way, be sure to stop in Quartzite and enjoy the “wild life.” It is located at the junction Arizona Highway 95 and I-10, very near the CA border. It is worth a visit in the winter months. 

No comments: