Monday, February 08, 2010

Postcard from Zion – Peaceful Places


When traveling in nature’s realm, I look for places that reflects peace…by that I mean a quiet little corner where I can sit alone and feel absolutely at peace with the world…a momentary slice of paradise.

Here is a quiet nook I found in Zion National Park. Many places that I find peaceful often have a stream flowing through them. This one has the additional benefit of beautiful contrasting colors not often found in one tiny locale.

It is nice to be able to sit in a place like this and let your mind wander…to get away from all the craziness of normal life to find some measure of inner peace, even if only briefly. Life is for learning and peaceful places like this let you reflect on what you have learned without knowing you are doing so.

No comments: