Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Postcard from Canyonlands – Peace by a Lake


Sometimes, with luck, peaceful places can be found in grand settings. Last blog, I showed you a very small place inside Zion where it just seemed so peaceful. But I found that same feeling of peace on the shores of this lake set deep inside red rock country.

It was getting towards late afternoon when I found this lake. It was right near the one and only road into the Needles section of Canyonlands National Park. It was late November, long after the tourist season ended, but before the first winter snow storms. There was no one on the road but me.

I stopped to photograph the scene, but quickly realized the quiet beauty of this place. I stopped to take it all in and think about where I was, what I was doing and why I was here. I was traveling then, with no home address, sleeping in my van, and seeing all new sites every day. I was discovering new places and learning new things about myself. My new life was before me, the future was unknown, and I was at peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CefSconee
ywgf