Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Picture of the Day - Fence Down to the Beach

I shot this image somewhere on the Oregon coast, but can't remember exactly where. These days, I am lucky to remember that it was Oregon. I like this image, mainly because of the shadow cast by the fence. But, the fence also leads your eye down to the beach.

The Oregon coast offers a wealth of photo opportunities as well as many places of shear beauty. I've done the whole coast a couple of times and, if you have never been there, you owe it to yourself to take a drive. I personally like the northern part of the trip, from Astoria down to Newport. The middle section is nice, but more difficult to get to as the highway goes inland. But the road come back to the ocean on the southern coast and there are some very beautiful sections there that are very different from the northern coast. It actually may offer more places for creative photography.

No comments: