Thursday, April 28, 2005

On the Road Again

I interrupt my series on "The Days and Weeks of a Full Time Artist," to tell you that tomorrow officially begins the 6 month art show season. In a few hours, I will be leaving home and heading for my travel trailer in Leavenworth. For the first five weekends of this year's season, I will be doing the Art-in-the-Park show in that beautiful city in the Cascade Mountains.

While far being on of the busiest shows on my schedule this year, Leavenworth offers an excellent place to "tune up" my displays and presentations. Plus it gives me a chance to live in a beautiful mountain environment and see old friends again.

I learned much last year from my artist friends in Leavenworth as I broke into the business. You couldn't image a more friendlier and helpful group of people. They were very important to my success as they gave me invaluable tips and advice on my new life style. While I won't be doing as many shows there I as I did last year, I will be opening and closing my year there as the last three weeks of the season will also be there. In addition, I also have a couple of open dates between other shows that I will probably spend in Leavenworth during the summer.

Two days ago, a transported my travel trailer up to the same place where I had it last year. Through one of my artist friends, I was fortunate to find a local resident who has several acres out on Icicle Road who let me put my trailer on his property and charges me a very nominal rent. It is a beautiful wooded spot well off the main road and backed up against the mountains...very quiet and peaceful. I do enjoy my time up there so much.

My son Eric is promising to come over this weekend for a day during the show and stay with me. Also Susan is coming up Sunday afternoon to help me break down and spend the night up in the mountains before we both head back home early Monday morning.

As for writing my two blogs, I will continue to do so, but posting them on the Net and sending out the e-mail to regular subscribers may prove to be a problem as I need an Internet connection. I do try to stay in hotels with a wireless Internet connection, but I am not always lucky. My place in Leavenworth does not have any kind of Internet connection, so when I am there for three or four days, you may not hear from me. But I will keep writing while I am there and get them on the Net when I can.

If you would like to see my art show schedule, it is posted on my web site. It is not complete yet as I haven't been officially accepted yet for several shows and I don't post them until I have the official acceptance letter in hand. So, you need to keep checking back occasionally.

It is going to be a busier year for me as I travel to four different states to display and sell my art. In many ways, I consider it a success already as, so far, I have been accepted into 6 major shows with, hopefully, more acceptances coming.

I hope sometime during the next six months that you can come to one of my shows and say hello.

No comments: