Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Postcard From Tombstone

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Southern Arizona. Santa shows up in different ways in different places. In Arizona, the traditional sleigh is replaced by a stagecoach and the reindeer are superseded by horses.

This is my last Postcard for this year as I am taking off for the holidays. Will be in Yuma, another famous name from the Old West, to visit my son for Christmas. I should be arriving there on Sunday at 3:10 (Get it?).

My Christmas shopping is all done (finally) and is even wrapped. Sadly, I already know what my son is giving me for Christmas, thanks to some very stupid people at Verizon. They sent me e-mails announcing my gift, an iPhone 5, then proceeded to wipeout my current phone’s voice mail password. Brilliant!

Still, I am excited about getting the iPhone as it has arguably the best camera on any phone…and by now you know I love to take pictures. I’ve already downloaded some great photo apps for both my iPhone and iPad. Will share some of the better photos here.

Anyway, I hope your Christmas will be wonderful, filled with family, friends, and great gifts…not to mention Peace on Earth, and Goodwill to Men (and Women).

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site. Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.

No comments: