Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Postcard from Zion

Two months ago, I published a blog here that showed a photo I took at the Court of the Patriarchs in Zion National Park. In that blog, I explained how most of the sunrise was blocked by a bank of clouds and my photo only had one little section of the mountain lit by the sun.

Well, while waiting for the super sunrise that never came at the Court of the Patriarchs, I glanced off to the left and saw another mountain that did get a bit more of light…and that is what you see here. I swung my camera around and used my longest lens setting to capture this photo. Also managed to capture a little Autumn foliage that helps enhance the overall image. So while I didn’t capture the image I really wanted at the Patriarchs (although what I did get was pretty good), I managed to get a nice bonus image that cold November morning.

Like the image from two months ago, I took five quick images in succession at different exposures and blended the best of them into one image using the Exposure Fusion method.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

If you subscribe to this blog by e-mail and wish to purchase a print or send a free e-mail greeting card using this image, click this link to the main Postcard Blog Site. Don’t forget, e-mail greeting cards are free.

No comments: