Friday, November 04, 2011

Postcard from Zion

This is the Virgin River at toward sunset…taken on my last trip to Zion National Park in southern Utah. I shot this four years ago in Autumn, just a few days before Thanksgiving. It was nearing the end of the Autumn season.

I show you this one today as I am about to leave for Zion again to photograph the the peak of the Autumn season (I hope). That is my way of saying that I am heading out for one of my photographic safaris and won’t be writing this blog for a couple of weeks. I hope you will forgive my absence…but I need to restock my images (so to speak) with all new photos from this magnificent national park. I believe I am a better photographer now than I was four years ago, so I am hoping for some spectacular images.

My friend and fellow professional photographer Dave Forster is flying in from the Northwest to join me once again. We do this about twice a year and I always look forward to our adventures. If luck and the weather hold, we also hope to head further north to the Escalante region of Utah. We need a little luck with this part of the trip as the roads we intend to travel for our photos are all dirt and if it rains, they close. So we are crossing our fingers.

We will probably make some other stops along the way so stay tuned for some unexpected surprises as I take photos along the way and post them when I can. Don’t forget, I also have a camera in my smart phone so can post those right away (if I have signal). So take care of yourselves while I venture into the wilds of southern Utah.

(To see a larger version of this photo, just click on the image)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com.

1 comment:

dark majesty said...

what a nice view. wish i could get here someday. Cheers mate!