Friday, October 01, 2010

Postcard from Chicago

The Chicago RiverI thought I would show you another photo from my first ever visit to Chicago in April. This is the Chicago River, flanked on both sides by skyscrapers, with some lovely clouds thrown in for good measure. I really like this photo and as you may have read here before, I really like Chicago.

In fact, I like it so much that when my friend Susan invited me back, I decided to go. Actually, I leave in a couple of days. So, this blog is going on a two week hiatus, or as they say in educational circles, I am taking a short sabbatical to improve my photographic skills and widen my horizons.

I will probably visit a few places I went to on my last trip, like the Chicago Institute of Art and Ditka’s restaurant…not to mention some great Chicago Dog places. But, I hope to spend the majority of this trip seeing new places like Little Italy, Old Chicago, the Lincoln Park Zoo, Northwestern University, and more. Also I plan to spend this Sunday night watching Chicago Bear football from one of the many sports bars by Wrigley Field (the Bears are playing the Giants in New York). Chicago is arguably the most rabid sports city in America, so it should be fun. I will be a Bear fan for one night just for the experience. 

Will also be enjoying some cooler weather. On the day I leave, it will be 100 here and 54 in Chicago. That should be interesting. The long range forecast says most days will be in the mid 60’s for most of my visit.

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you may see some photos from this trip as I move from place to place. So, don’t forget about me and I look forward to sharing more photos with you soon.

No comments: