Friday, November 14, 2008

Picture of the Day - Oregon Homestead

Well, I am still here in Yuma trying to recover from this nasty cold. But, the worse is now over and I am leaving in the next few minutes for the wilderness northeastern Arizona. There are some places there I really want to see and I guarantee you will like the pictures. I will just keep my destinations to myself for a little bit and let you be surprised (actually, I may be surprised too!).

I have enjoyed my time with my son and his wife...and of course, the incredibly warm weather. It was up to 88 today, and even with a cold, I was in shorts and a t-shirt. I have seen the weather forecast for my next destination and I know I will be back in warmer clothes. But, will be back in southern AZ again when it gets too cold up north. I might just get lucky and have a few more good weeks before I forced south again. This is such beautiful country.

Today's picture is one I took a few weeks ago when I was in Oregon. I like it a great deal and am happy to share it with you. If you remember the blog I wrote about the shoe tree, this old cabin is actually less than a mile west of there right off the highway. I got lucky with the light as the sun came out right as I pulled up in my van. One never knows when one will find a great photo opportunity.

I have a lot more stories to write about from my adventures this past month and look forward to new places and stories...so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures! Looks like you are having a great time - njc