Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Postcard from Sacramento


Architecture
I am the type of person
that builds.
I build things.
Ideas,
Art,
Feelings.

I let my feelings build so high,
you could fill the tallest building in the world
three million times
before I break.

And when I break,
I fall so hard.
I imagine that my tall building
is a devastating crash
with only one causality .
Me.

I'd like to believe that my structure is strong.
Built out of the strongest metal,
but even it breaks with
three million feelings pent up inside.
It's not strong enough to carry all of the forever.

But the best part is
that when I do fall,
crashing under all that weight,
I can build a better building.
Maybe this one will be able to fill
the world's tallest building
four million times
before it falls too.

Poem by Lara Carboni
Original Photo by JR Corkrum – “Lines and Shadows”

(To see a larger version of this image, just click on it)
To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com…
or visit my Flickr Page.

No comments: