Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Postcard from Walla Walla

The House On Lombardy Lane

It was my time of life, so vivid in my mind
A time of impressions so clear and deep
My time to move and find the home
The home and house to suit our style
My family only with impressions to gain
From the house that sat on Lombardy Lane!


The street so great in style and grace
Not a real street but one called a lane
The house with class and style kept my wants
Alive with anticipation; oh but to live there
Gave me the boost of desire and gain,
If only to live in the house on Lombardy Lane!


My friends were eager for that move
And family so true, brothers and sisters
Ready to venture in a residence so great
We were eager for the place of dreams
Then adapt to ways most suitable to reign
In the classy house on Lombardy Lane!


But the dreams soon faded away to another
House but farther away, though great and large
To bring my dreams in another way,
Bringing to me friends anew and many
Adding qualities of life that still remain
But losing a chance for the house on Lombardy Lane!

Larry B. Stell

(To see a larger version of this image, just click on it)

To see more of my work, both in photography and digital painting, please visit my website, www.corkrum.com…or visit my Flickr Page.

No comments: