Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Postcard from Yosemite - Ghosts


When I walk in familiar places, I feel the memories of old friends who were here with me…Some friends long since gone, some friends still here but gone from my life, and a few friends who remain.

When I walk without friends, the memories come alive. All taught me things. Many were life’s early lessons…others the meaning of true friendship that even death cannot end. How I miss these people.

Sometimes I wander into places shared with other friends and lovers. Many bring smiles to my face, other bring sadness, of what could have been, but isn’t. I miss those friends too. It’s as if they were dead.

When I walk this land alone, the past is still with me, but the place is without a memory. It is here providing happiness and new memories of beauty and art and a sense of being alive. The place does not change. It is beyond just being a place…it is a state of mind and soul. It is my foundation. No one or no event can take this place from me.

No comments: