Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Postcard from Zion

As Autumn now fades into Winter, I can’t resist showing at least one more Autumn photo, this one from Zion National Park. With its towering peaks and narrow canyons, Zion National Park is a unique place to enjoy the fall extravaganza. I’ve shown a few images here before, but not this one.

There are no towering peaks in this photo, only 4 different examples of Autumn leaves, all in one place. Maybe one shouldn’t count green, but that would be splitting hairs. 

This photo was done in the north part of Zion Canyon, up in the area known as the Narrows. I found that the greatest variety of fall colors are in this area. Don’t get me wrong…almost all of Zion Canyon features spectacular colors. But usually its mostly yellow, except in a few areas where red and orange abound and are mixed in with yellow….like the narrows.

I didn’t go back there this year and I understand I missed a really colorful year. But, the same can be said of last year, which is when I took this photo. I am thinking about going back next year, maybe a little earlier to capture the fall colors in the high country. We shall see. 

No comments: